Manage Linux users and client hosts in your realm from one central location with CLI, Web UI or RPC access. Enable Single Sign On authentication for all your systems, services and applications.
Define Kerberos authentication and authorization policies for your identities. Control services like DNS, SUDO, SELinux or autofs.
Create mutual trust with other Identity Management systems like Microsoft Active Directory.
About FreeIPA •Roadmap • FreeIPA Leaflet • FreeIPA public demo • Blogs/RSS
- Integrated security information management solution combining Linux (Fedora), 389 Directory Server, MIT Kerberos, NTP, DNS, Dogtag certificate system, SSSD and others.
- Built on top of well known Open Source components and standard protocols
- Strong focus on ease of management and automation of installation and configuration tasks.
- Full multi master replication for higher redundancy and scalability
- Extensible management interfaces (CLI, Web UI, XMLRPC and JSONRPC API) and Python SDK
Whether you'd like to contribute to discussion, to code, or simply test it out, FreeIPA needs your help!
- For occasional updates on our progress, subscribe to freeipa-interest
- To contribute to the development of FreeIPA go to Contribute and subscribe to freeipa-devel
- To share deployment experience with FreeIPA and ask "how to" questions subscribe to freeipa-users
- To file a bug, RFE or to see where you can help, please see https://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute#Reporting_bugs_or_Features
- For security-related communication, please use https://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute#Security_Bugs_and_Flaws
- Contributions are always welcome!
People eager to try the looks and feel of the most recent FreeIPA, can visit our public FreeIPA instance! It is great for
- Testing changes in the most recent CLI/Web UI/API
- Testing client enrollment
- Testing web applications with LDAP/Kerberos authentication
Read more on the page Demo.