Short overview of the problem set and any background material or references one would need to understand the details.
Walk through one or more full examples of how the feature will be used. These should not all be the simplest cases.
The proposed solution. This may include but is not limited to:
- High Level schema (Example 1, Example 2)
- Information or update workflow
- Access control (may include new permissions)
- Compatibility with other (older) version of FreeIPA. Think if the feature requires a minimum Domain level.
For other hints what to consider see general considerations page.
Any implementation details you would like to spell out. Describe any technical details here. Make sure you cover
- Dependencies: any new dependencies that FreeIPA project packages would gain and that needs to be packaged in distros? The proposal needs to be carefully reviewed, so that FreeIPA dependency size does not increase without strong justification.
- Backup and Restore: any new file to back up or change required in Backup and Restore?
If this section is not trivial, move it to /Implementation sub page and only include link.
How the feature will be managed via the Web UI.
Overview of the CLI commands. Example:
|user-mod||--user-auth-type=password/otp/radius --radius=STR --radius-username=STR|
Any configuration options? Any commands to enable/disable the feature or turn on/off its parts?
Any impact on upgrades? Remove this section if not applicable.
How to Use
Easy to follow instructions how to use the new feature according to the use cases described above. FreeIPA user needs to be able to follow the steps and demonstrate the new features.
The chapter may be divided in sub-sections per Use Case.