The FreeIPA team is proud to announce FreeIPA v3.3.5!
It can be downloaded from http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads. Fedora 19 and Fedora 20 builds are already on their way to updates-testing repo.
- 1 Highlights in 3.3.5
- 2 Upgrading
- 3 Feedback
- 4 Detailed Changelog since 3.3.4
Highlights in 3.3.5
- DNS classless support for reverse domains
- Lockout plugin was not applied to users with default password policy
- Migration plugin did not add users to default group (ipausers)
- AD Trust subdomains were not automatically fetched by trust-add command
- When installing Dogtag 10 replica with a CA from a Dogtag 9 based replica, the ipa-replica-conncheck did not check if Dogtag 9 DS port is open
- When installing Dogtag 10 replica with a CA from a Dogtag 9 based replica, CA database was not updated resulting in limited functionality of the CA
- Trust could not be added with --shared-secret option
- Active AD Trust subdomain ID range could be deleted
- FreeIPA client returned invalid group membership info when multiple AD Trusts were configured
- /ca/ee/ca/profileSubmit proxy URI was added to allow cloning of PKI 10.1.1 and newer
- ... and numerous other small fixes
- Many fixes related to Active Directory integration tests
An IPA server can be upgraded simply by installing updated rpms. The server does not need to be shut down in advance.
Please note that if you are doing the upgrade in special environment (e.g. FedUp) which does not allow running the LDAP server during upgrade process, upgrade scripts need to be run manually after the first boot:
- ipa-ldap-updater --upgrade
Also note that the performance improvements require an extended set of indexes to be configured. RPM update for an IPA server with a excessive number of users may require several minutes to finish.
If you have multiple servers you may upgrade them one at a time. It is expected that all servers will be upgraded in a relatively short period (days or weeks, not months). They should be able to co-exist peacefully but new features will not be available on old servers and enrolling a new client against an old server will result in the SSH keys not being uploaded.
Downgrading a server once upgraded is not supported.
Upgrading from 2.2.0 and later versions is supported. Upgrading from previous versions is not supported and has not been tested.
An enrolled client does not need the new packages installed unless you want to re-enroll it. SSH keys for already installed clients are not uploaded, you will have to re-enroll the client or manually upload the keys.
Please provide comments, bugs and other feedback via the freeipa-users mailing list (http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users) or #freeipa channel on Freenode.
Detailed Changelog since 3.3.4
Adam Misnyovszki (1)
- Too big font in input fields
Alexander Bokovoy (10)
- bindinstance: make sure zone manager is initialized in add_master_dns_records
- ipa-kdb: in case of delegation use original client's database entry, not the proxy
- ipa-kdb: make sure we don't produce MS-PAC in case of authdata flag cleared by admin
- trustdomain_find: make sure we skip short entries when --pkey-only is specified
- trust: make sure we always discover topology of the forest trust
- ipaserver/dcerpc: catch the case of insuffient permissions when establishing trust
- fix filtering of subdomain-based trust users
- ipa-kdb: do not fetch client principal if it is the same as existing entry
- ipaserver/dcerpc: make sure to always return unicode SID of the trust domain
- trust: do not fetch subdomains in case shared secret was used to set up the trust
Jan Cholasta (2)
- Include LDFLAGS provided by rpmbuild in global LDFLAGS in the spec file.
- Remove sourcehostcategory from the default HBAC rule.
Jason Woods (1)
- ipa-sam: cache gid to sid and uid to sid requests in idmap cache
Martin Basti (3)
- DNS classless support for reverse domains
- DNS tests for classless reverse domains
- Fix test_host_plugin for DNS Classless Reverse zones
Martin Kosek (10)
- Fallback to global policy in ipa-lockout plugin
- ipa-lockout: do not fail when default realm cannot be read
- Migration does not add users to default group
- Avoid passing non-terminated string to is_master_host
- ipa-replica-install never checks for 7389 port
- Fix idrange unit test failure
- Update Dogtag 9 database during replica installation
- Proxy PKI clone /ca/ee/ca/profileSubmit URI
- Add requires for pki-core-10.0.7-1.fc19
- Become IPA 3.3.5
Misnyovszki Adam (1)
- Permission MOD command fix
Petr Viktorin (12)
- integration tests OpenSSHTransport: Expand tilde to home in root_ssh_key_filename
- ipa tool: Print the name of the server we are connecting to with -v
- test_integration.config: Fix crash in to_env when no replica is defined
- test_integration.config: Do not save the input environment
- test_integration.config: Use a more declarative approach to test-wide settings
- test_integration.config: Do not store the index in Domain and Host objects
- test_integration.config: Load/store from/to dicts
- test_integration.config: Add environment variables for JSON/YAML
- ipa-test-config: Add --json and --yaml output options
- test_integration.config: Convert some text values to str
- Add tests for integration test configuration
- test_integration.tasks: Do not fail cleanup if backup directory does not exist
Sumit Bose (1)
- extdom: do not return results from the wrong domain
Tomas Babej (13)
- ipatests: test_legacy_clients: Change "test group" to "testgroup"
- ipatests: Add records for all hosts in master's domain
- ipatests: Run restoring backup files and restoring their context in one session
- ipatests: legacy_clients: Test legacy clients with non-posix trust
- ipatests: Perform a connection test before preparing the client
- ipatests: Make sure we re-kinit as admin before adding the disabledipauser
- ipatests: Stop sssd service before deleting the cache
- ipatests: Add test cases for subdomain users on legacy clients
- ipatests: Change expected home directories returned by getent
- ipatests: Do not require group name resolution for the non-posix tests
- ipatests: Fix incorrect order of operations when restoring backup
- Prohibit deletion of active subdomain range
- ipatests: test_trust: Change expected home directories for posix users