The FreeIPA team is proud to announce version FreeIPA v3.1.4.
It can be downloaded from http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads. The new version has also been built for Fedora 18 and is on its way to updates-testing: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/freeipa-3.1.4-1.fc18
Highlights in 3.1.4
- Added support for new Dogtag 10.0.2
- Added support for new OpenSSH 6.2
- Added userClass attribute for hosts entries
- Server/replica installation now accepts --mkhomedir option
- New certificates issued by FreeIPA CA now contain correct OCSP/CRL URIs 
- /etc/ipa directory ownership was fixed
- Deprecated HBAC Source host related options were removed from CLI
An IPA server can be upgraded simply by installing updated rpms. The server does not need to be shut down in advance.
Due to changes related to OCSP/CRL URI fix , ipa-ca.DOMAIN DNS name is automatically converted from a set of CNAMEs to a set of A/AAAA records pointing to FreeIPA servers with CA configured.
Please note, that the referential integrity extension requires an extended set of indexes to be configured. RPM update for an IPA server with a excessive number of hosts, SUDO or HBAC entries may require several minutes to finish.
If you have multiple servers you may upgrade them one at a time. It is expected that all servers will be upgraded in a relatively short period (days or weeks not months). They should be able to co-exist peacefully but new features will not be available on old servers and enrolling a new client against an old server will result in the SSH keys not being uploaded.
Downgrading a server once upgraded is not supported.
Upgrading from 2.2.0 is supported. Upgrading from previous versions is not supported and has not been tested.
An enrolled client does not need the new packages installed unless you want to re-enroll it. SSH keys for already installed clients are not uploaded, you will have to re-enroll the client or manually upload the keys.
Please provide comments, bugs and other feedback via the freeipa-users mailing list: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users
Detailed Changelog since 3.1.3
Alexander Bokovoy (1):
- Enhance ipa-adtrust-install for domains with multiple IPA server
Ana Krivokapic (8):
- Add mkhomedir option to ipa-server-install and ipa-replica-install
- Remove CA cert on client uninstall
- Remove HBAC source hosts from web UI
- Remove any reference to HBAC source hosts from help
- Deprecate HBAC source hosts from CLI
- Handle missing /etc/ipa in ipa-client-install
- Fix the spec file
- Add missing permissions to Host Administrators privilege
Jan Cholasta (7):
- Do actually stop pki_cad in stop_pkicad instead of starting it.
- Use only one URL for OCSP and CRL in IPA certificate profile.
- Use A/AAAA records instead of CNAME records in ipa-ca.
- Delete DNS records in ipa-ca on ipa-csreplica-manage del.
- Do not use new LDAP API in old code.
- Use correct zone when removing DNS records of a master.
- Add support for OpenSSH 6.2.
Martin Kosek (4):
- Require 389-base-base 18.104.22.168
- Add userClass attribute for hosts
- Update pki proxy configuration
- Become IPA 3.1.4
Petr Viktorin (2):
- Display full command documentation in online help
- Use two digits for each part of NUM_VERSION
Rob Crittenden (3):
- Handle socket.gethostbyaddr() exceptions when verifying hostnames.
- Drop uniqueMember mapping with nss-pam-ldapd.
- Specify the location for the agent PKCS#12 file so we don't have to move it.
Sumit Bose (1):
- ipa-pwd-extop: do not use dn until it is really set
Tomas Babej (2):
- Properly handle ipa-replica-install when its zone is not managed by IPA
- Allow underscore in record targets