Overview of FreeIPA v2 Release Candidate 2
The FreeIPA project team is pleased to announce the availability of the Release Candidate 3 release of freeIPA 2.0 server. If no critical problems are found this will become the final release.
- Binaries are available for F-14 and F-15.
- Please do not hesitate to share feedback, criticism or bugs with us on our mailing list: mailto:email@example.com
Main Highlights of Release Candidate 3
This release candidate has a set of significant improvements across all areas of the project. Modifications include but are not limited to:
- i18n improvements
- Fixed the self-service page in the WebUI
- Use TLS for CA replication
- Setting up Winsync agreements has been fixed
Focus of the Release Candidate Testing
- There was a Fedora test day for FreeIPA on Feb 15th. These tests are still relevant and feedback would be appreciated.
- The following section outlines the areas that we are mostly interested to test.
Significant Changes Since RC 2
To see all the tickets addressed since rc2 see the following .
Repositories and Installation
- Use the following repository to install the release candidate packages.
- FreeIPA relies on the latest versions of the packages currently available from the updates-testing repository. Please make sure to enable this repository before you proceed with installation.
- Installing IPA on Fedora-15 works but can take more time than Fedora 14 due to systemd. It is not recognizing some restarts as being successful so only continues after a 3-minute timeout. We are working on a solution.