Overview of FreeIPA v2 Release Candidate 2
The FreeIPA project team is pleased to announce the availability of the Release Candidate 2 release of freeIPA 2.0 server.
- Binaries are available for F-14 and F-15.
- Please do not hesitate to share feedback, criticism or bugs with us on our mailing list: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Highlights of Release Candidate 2
This beta has a set of significant improvements across all areas of the project. Modifications include but are not limited to:
- Make Indirect membership clearer.
- Input validation fixes.
- WebUI improvements.
- Created default Roles.
- IPv6 support
- Documentation updates
Focus of the Release Candidate Testing
- There was a Fedora test day for FreeIPA on Feb 15th. These tests are still relevant and feedback would be appreciated.
- The following section outlines the areas that we are mostly interested to test.
Significant Changes Since RC 1
To see all the tickets addressed between the two beta releases see the following link.
Repositories and Installation
- Use the following repository to install the release candidate packages.
- FreeIPA relies on the latest versions of the packages currently available from the updates-testing repository. Please make sure to enable this repository before you proceed with installation.
- Installation on F-15 with dogtag fails due to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=676330. Installing with the --selfsign option works.
- Server-generated error messages are not translated yet.
- The 'ipa help' command does not support localization.
We plan to address all the outstanding tickets before the final 2.0 release. For the complete list see the following link.