March 25, 2011
The FreeIPA project team is pleased to announce the availability of the freeIPA 2.0 server.
It is available in Fedora 15 and Fedora rawhide.
- Installing IPA on Fedora-15 works but can take more time than Fedora 14 due to systemd. It is not recognizing some restarts as being successful so only continues after a 3-minute timeout. We are working on a solution.
- The latest tomcat6 package has not been pushed to updates-testing. You need tomcat6-6-0.30-5 or higher. The packages can be retrieved from koji at http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=231410. The installation will fail restarting the CA with the current tomcat6 package in Fedora 15.
- If the domain and realm do not match you may need to use the --force flag with ipa-client-install.
- Dogtag replication is done separately from IPA replication. The ipa-replica-manage tool does not currently operate on dogtag replication agreements.
- The OCSP URL encoded in dogtag certificates is by default the CA machine that issued the certificate.
Changlog since FreeIPA v2.0.0 rc3
Adam Young (1):
- pwpolicy priority Priority is now a required field in order to add a new password policy. Thus, not having the field present means we cannot create one.
Endi S. Dewata (1):
- Removed nested role from UI.
Martin Kosek (2):
- Wait for Directory Server ports to open
- Prevent stacktrace when DNS AAAA record is added
Pavel Zuna (1):
- Update translation file (ipa.pot).
Rob Crittenden (4):
- Always consider domain and server when doing DNS discovery in client.
- Fix SELinux errors caused by enabling TLS on dogtag 389-ds instance.
- Ensure that the system hostname is lower-case.
- Automatically update IPA LDAP on rpm upgrades
Simo Sorce (1):
- Domain to Realm Explicitly use the realm specified on the command line. Many places were assuming that the domain and realm were the same.
- Fix uninitialized variable.