The FreeIPA team is proud to announce a bug fix release FreeIPA v2.2.1.
It can be downloaded from http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads.
A build is on the way to updates-testing for Fedora 17. Fedora 15 and 16 are not supported by FreeIPA 2.2.1 due to missing dependencies.
LDAP upgrade script in FreeIPA 2.2.1 contains a flawed index update upgrade procedure, which may cause users not being able to authenticate with server upgraded to FreeIPA 2.2.1. New installations are not affected.
The issue is already filed to FreeIPA Trac, to workaround the issue, please run the following command after freeipa-server package upgrade:
# ipa-ldap-updater --upgrade
After this command is run, FreeIPA should function properly.
Highlights in 2.2.1
- New Firefox extension able to configure browser for Kerberos support. The extension is required in Firefox 15 and later as updates to Firefox configuration via signed code is no longer supported
- Web UI Host page fixed to work with disabled DNS
- Client SSH configuration has been fixed to use GlobalKnownHostsFile instead of GlobalKnownHostsFile2 in as the latter has been deprecated in OpenSSH 5.9
An IPA server can be upgraded simply by installing updated rpms. The server does not need to be shut down in advance.
If you have multiple servers you may upgrade them one at a time. It is expected that all servers will be upgraded in a relatively short period (days or weeks not months). They should be able to co-exist peacefully but new features will not be available on old servers and enrolling a new client against an old server will result in the SSH keys not being uploaded.
Downgrading a server once upgraded is not supported.
Please provide comments, bugs and other feedback via the freeipa-devel mailing list: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-devel
Detailed Changelog since 2.2.0
Endi Sukma Dewata (1):
- Fixed boot.ldif permission.
Jan Cholasta (1):
- SSH configuration fixes.
Martin Kosek (1):
- Become IPA 2.2.1
Petr Viktorin (2):
- replica-install: Don't copy Firefox config extension files if they're not in the replica file
- Create Firefox extension on upgrade and replica-install
Petr Vobornik (8):
- Host page fixed to work with disabled DNS support
- Fix jquery error when using '??' in a pkey
- Kerberos authentication extension
- Kerberos authentication extension makefiles
- Build and installation of Kerberos authentication extension
- Configuration pages changed to use new FF extension
- Add mime type to httpd ipa.conf for xpi extension
- RPM spec fix for ffconfig.js and ffconfig_page.js
Rob Crittenden (2):
- Check for locked-out user before incrementing lastfail.
- Index the fqdn attribute.
Simo Sorce (2):
- Fix migration code password setting.
- Add support for disabling KDC writes