The FreeIPA team is proud to announce version 2.1.4.
It can be downloaded from http://www.freeipa.org/Downloads and is currently in the Fedora 15 and 16 updates-testing, and rawhide updates.
Highlights in 2.1.4
This is a security release.
Specifically, it addresses CVE-2011-3636. A Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) flaw was found in FreeIPA due to a lack of checking the Referer Header in the server (it is not set in the CLI utilities). If a remote attacker could trick a user, who was logged into the FreeIPA management interface, into visiting a specially-crafted URL, the attacker could perform FreeIPA configuration changes with the privileges of the logged in user.
Some bugs have been addressed too, the highlights are:
- Certificates in the UI are now displayed in PEM format
- systemd support in Fedora 16
- Change the way the Kerberos random salt is calculated to improve interoperability with Windows
- Fix nis netgroups, users and groups were not appearing
- Better handling of Kerberos realm to domain mapping
To upgrade a 2.0.0, 2.0.1 or 2.1.0 server do the following:
# yum update freeipa-server --enablerepo=updates-testing
This will pull in updated freeIPA, 389-ds, dogtag, libcurl and xmlrpc-c packages (and perhaps some others). A script will be executed in the rpm postinstall phase to update the IPA LDAP server with any required changes.
There is a bug reported against 389-ds, https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=730387, related to read-write locks. The NSPR RW lock implementation does not safely allow re-entrant use of reader locks. This is a timing issue so it is difficult to predict. During testing one user experienced this and the upgrade hung. To break the hang kill the ns-slapd process for your realm, wait for the yum transaction to complete, then restart 389-ds and manually run the update process:
# service dirsrv start # ipa-ldap-updater --update
The ipa-client-install tool in the ipa-client package is just a configuration tool. There should be no need to re-run this on every client already enrolled.
Detailed Changelog for 2.1.3
Alexander Bokovoy (4):
- hbactest fails while you have svcgroup in hbacrule
- Add support for systemd environments and use it to support Fedora 16
- Spin for connection success also when socket is not (yet) available
- Quote multiple workers option
Endi S. Dewata (1):
- Added current password field.
Evgeny Sinelnikov (1):
- ipa_kpasswd: Update selinux policies for ldap and urandom
John Dennis (1):
- Unable to Download Certificate with Browser
Martin Kosek (8):
- Fix client krb5 domain mapping and DNS
- Fix ipa-managed-entries password option long form
- Fix ipa-server-install answer cache
- Fix ipa-replica-conncheck port labels
- Fix ipa-managed-entries bind procedure
- Let PublicError accept Gettext objects
- Enable automember for upgraded servers
- Make ipa-server-install clean after itself
Ondrej Hamada (1):
- Client install root privileges check
Rob Crittenden (4):
- Fix problems in help system
- Fix nis netgroup config entry so users appear in netgroup triple.
- Don't allow default objectclass list to be empty.
- Require an HTTP Referer header in the server. Send one in ipa tools. (CVE-2011-3636)
Simo Sorce (1):
- Modify random salt creation for interoperability