We decided not to use a numbering scheme for the upcoming releases, at least until the moment of the actual release. With some changes in priorities the numbering scheme becomes very confusing. We tried using beer names as code names for the releases but this did not work out well either. So this page describes how to rationalize the milestones that can be found in our track instance.
Current Release Plans
- We plan to GA it in May 2013.
- The main theme of the release:
- Further improvements for the AD integration
- Backup and restore procedure
- Code cleanup and refactoring
- The content of the release consists of monthly buckets:
- In January we mostly focused on the internal code cleanup and refactoring.
- All major feature development will be done in February and March.
- The tickets are prioritized and the ones with higher priority will be worked on first. This is a general rule.
- The tickets that are not closed at the end of the month will be carried forward.
- At the end of the release cycle lower priority tickets and RFEs that we did not have time to address will be pushed forward to the next release.
- We will conduct planning for the next release in late March.
- Next major release bucket is called "Pilsner barrel"
- The tickets in the "Pilsner barrel" bucket will be reviewed and considered first.
- The tickets in the "Beer exchange" bucket are our backlog. We do not have particular plans on when exactly we will address those issues and RFEs but we generally plan to implement them some day. Patches welcome!
- The tickets in the "Deferred" bucket are tickets that we do not plan to implement ourselves but would consider external contributions. However, some of the suggestions, RFEs and ideas there might be controversial or outdated so before embarking on development please discuss your plans on the freeipa-devel list.
Notes about P and A of IPA
- The general direction of the project is to continue adding identity and policy related changes to IPA.
- The audit component of the project will remain deferred until further notice.
- FreeIPA v3.2.0 Release (2013-05-10)
- FreeIPA v3.1.4 Release (2013-05-07)
- FreeIPA v3.2.0 Beta 1 (2013-04-16)
- FreeIPA v3.2.0 Prerelease 1 (2013-04-02)
- FreeIPA v3.1.3 Release (2013-03-26)
- FreeIPA v2.2.2 Release (2013-02-13)
- FreeIPA v3.1.2 Release (2013-01-23)
- FreeIPA v3.1.1 Release (2013-01-08)
- FreeIPA v3.0.2 Release (2012-12-11)
- FreeIPA v3.1.0 Release (2012-12-10)
- FreeIPA v3.0.1 Release (2012-11-09)
- FreeIPA v2.2.1 Release (Oct 23 2012)
- FreeIPA 3.0.0 GA Release (2012-10-15)
- FreeIPA v2.2.0 Release May 2012
- FreeIPA v2.1.4 Release December 2011
- FreeIPA v2.1.3 Release October 2011
- FreeIPA v2.1.1 Release September 2011
- FreeIPA v2.1.0 Release August 2011
- FreeIPA v2.0.1 Release May 2011
- FreeIPA v2 Release March 2011
- FreeIPA v1 Release April 2008