From time perspective, FreeIPA upstream releases are tied to Fedora release schedule. The development is coordinated so that the most recent FreeIPA bits can be released and delivered before next Fedora version is finished and released so that it's available to all it's users. In parallel with development of the next bleeding-edge FreeIPA version we do support and maintenance versions present in the stable Fedora releases (see Fedora releases page).
- FreeIPA 3.3 bugfixing - 3.3.x bug fixing milestones - FreeIPA 3.3.x is available in Fedora 19 and Fedora 20.
- Work on next major upstream version! See 4.0 milestones. This release is planned for end of May/beginning of June with a downstream build for Fedora 21.
- Work on updating and cleaning our documentation, both in this wiki and with the FreeIPA User Guide - Revive FreeIPA guide milestone
- Next major release bucket is called "Future Releases". The tickets in the "Future Releases" bucket will be reviewed and considered first to be pulled to next FreeIPA release.
- Tickets in the "Ticket Backlog" is the main backlog for tickets we think are a good idea but we do not plan to complete any time soon due to our resource planning. However, it does not mean we do not welcome our community to contact us and contribute! It may still happen though, that we will pick a ticket from this milestone to next FreeIPA release, but it is much less likely than with Future Releases.
- The tickets in the "Deferred" bucket are tasks we surely do not plan to complete ourselves and we do not recommend community to look at those either (unless strongly justified). Discuss your plans on implementing these tickets on freeipa-devel list first please.
Notes about P and A of IPA
- The general direction of the project is to continue adding identity and policy related changes to IPA.
- The audit component of the project will remain deferred until further notice. You can see the reasoning in the About page.