From time perspective, FreeIPA upstream releases are tied to Fedora release schedule. The development is coordinated so that the most recent FreeIPA bits can be releases and delivered before next Fedora version is finished and released so that it's available to all it's users. In parallel with development of the next bleeding-edge FreeIPA version we do support and maintenance for versions present in the last 2 Fedora release.
Current Release Plans
- FreeIPA 3.3 bugfixing - 3.3.x bug fixing milestones
- Continue in developing and extending our Continuous Integration suite
- Work on updating and cleaning our documentation, both in this wiki and with the FreeIPA User Guide - Revive FreeIPA guide roadmap
- ... and last but not least, work on next upstream version! See 3.4 milestones.
- Next major release bucket is called "Pilsner barrel"
- The tickets in the "Pilsner barrel" bucket will be reviewed and considered first.
- The tickets in the "Beer exchange" bucket are our backlog. We do not have particular plans on when exactly we will address those issues and RFEs but we generally plan to implement them some day. Patches welcome!
- The tickets in the "Deferred" bucket are tickets that we do not plan to implement ourselves but would consider external contributions. However, some of the suggestions, RFEs and ideas there might be controversial or outdated so before embarking on development please discuss your plans on the freeipa-devel list.
Notes about P and A of IPA
- The general direction of the project is to continue adding identity and policy related changes to IPA.
- The audit component of the project will remain deferred until further notice.