The FreeIPA team is proud to announce FreeIPA v4.0.1!
- 1 Highlights in 4.0.1
- 2 Known Issues
- 3 Upgrading
- 4 Feedback
- 5 Detailed Changelog since 4.0.0
Highlights in 4.0.1
- TOTP watermark support was added. The last token interval is now being added to database and replicated in FreeIPA realm. Note that the number of writes is kept the same as an unnecessary LDAP write was eliminated.
- Effective Attributes widget in the Add Permission Web UI page was improved
- ipa-client-install is now again able to join older servers (pre-4.0)
- Password migration in migrate-ds command was fixed by enabling nsslapd-allow-hashed-passwords setting by default
- ipa-client-install no longer crashes during uninstallation when chronyd service cannot be started
- Server installation could hang as no members could be added to "cn=adtrust agents" system account
- Web UI login page now distinguishes between OTP users with invalid and expired password and properly shows the Reset password dialog
- ipa-server-install and ipa-replica-install now better detects when PKI was configured and is able to properly uninstall it when installation crashed
Excessive logging by 389-ds-base 220.127.116.11
FreeIPA 4.0.1 pulls 389-ds-base 18.104.22.168 as a dependency (updates-testing repo in Fedora 20). However, this version of the Directory Server produces following logs for internal write operations:
[26/Jul/2014:01:28:53 +0200] - Connection is NULL and hence cannot access SLAPI_CONN_ID
An IPA server can be upgraded simply by installing updated rpms. The server does not need to be shut down in advance.
Please note that if you are doing the upgrade in special environment (e.g. FedUp) which does not allow running the LDAP server during upgrade process, upgrade scripts need to be run manually after the first boot:
# ipa-ldap-updater --upgrade # ipa-upgradeconfig
Also note that the performance improvements require an extended set of indexes to be configured. RPM update for an IPA server with a excessive number of users may require several minutes to finish.
If you have multiple servers you may upgrade them one at a time. It is expected that all servers will be upgraded in a relatively short period (days or weeks, not months). They should be able to co-exist peacefully but new features will not be available on old servers and enrolling a new client against an old server will result in the SSH keys not being uploaded.
Downgrading a server once upgraded is not supported.
Upgrading from 3.3.0 and later versions is supported. Upgrading from previous versions is not supported and has not been tested.
An enrolled client does not need the new packages installed unless you want to re-enroll it. SSH keys for already installed clients are not uploaded, you will have to re-enroll the client or manually upload the keys.
Please provide comments, bugs and other feedback via the freeipa-users mailing list (http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users) or #freeipa channel on Freenode.
Detailed Changelog since 4.0.0
David Kupka (2)
- Fix ipa-client-install --uninstall crash
- Always record that pkicreate has been executed.
- Fix typos in dns.py
- Enable debug pid in smb.conf
Lukáš Slebodník (2)
- Fix warning: Using uninitialized value ld.
- Add missing break
Martin Košek (2)
- Allow hashed passwords in DS
- Become IPA 4.0.1
Nathaniel McCallum (4)
- Fix login password expiration detection with OTP
- Update freeipa-server krb5-server dependency to 1.11.5-5
- Fix ipa-getkeytab for pre-4.0 servers
- Add TOTP watermark support
Petr Viktorin (3)
- baseldap: Return empty string when no effective rights are found
- ldap2 indirect membership processing: Use global limits if greater than per-query ones
- test_xmlrpc: Update tests
Petr Voborník (14)
- webui: capitalize labels of undo and undo all buttons
- webui: improve usability of attributes widget
- webui: add filter to attributes widget
- webui: optimize (re)creation of option widget
- webui: custom attr in attributes widget
- webui: attr widget: get list of possible attrs from ipapermdefaultattr
- webui: option_widget_base: sort options
- webui: reflect readonly state
- webui: fix add of input group class
- webui: show managed fields as readonly and not disabled
- webui: fix selection of empty value in a select widget
- webui: disable ipapermbindruletype if permission in a privilege
- webui: fix disabled state of service's PAC type
- baseldap: return 'none' attr level right as unicode string
Tomáš Babej (3)
- trusts: Validate missing trust secret properly
- ipatests: tasks: Fix dns configuration for trusts
- trusts: Make cn=adtrust agents sysaccount nestedgroup