Overview of FreeIPA v2 Beta 2
The FreeIPA project team is pleased to announce the availability of the Beta 2 release of freeIPA 2.0 server.
- Binaries are available for F-14.
- With the release of this Beta, freeIPA moves into the Release Candidate cycle.
- Please do not hesitate to share feedback, criticism or bugs with us on our mailing list: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Highlights of the Beta 2
This beta has a set of significant improvements across all areas of the project. Modifications include but are not limited to:
- Support of the latest Dogtag packages.
- Installation fixes.
- Changes in the DIT structure.
- New permissions defined against different elements of the tree.
- Better startup and shutdown handling.
- Replication improvements.
- Incremental improvements in IPv6 support.
- DNS improvements.
- The package name has been changed to "freeipa" to avoid collision with IPA v1.x and many others.
Focus of the Beta Testing
- There is a Fedora test day for FreeIPA coming on Feb 10th. Please join us in testing FreeIPA.
The exact instructions will be provided later and will be available off the link on the page.
NOTE: The test day has been moved to Feb 15th.
- The following section outlines the areas that we are mostly interested to test.
Significant Changes Since Beta 1
To see all the tickets addressed between the two beta releases see the following link.
Repositories and Installation
- Use the following repository to install the beta 2 packages.
- On Fedora-14 FreeIPA relies on the latest versions of the packages currently available from the updates-testing repository. Please make sure to enable this repository before you proceed with installation.
- Installation on F-15 fails due to this and other issues unrelated to FreeIPA.
- Server-generated error messages are not translated yet.
- IPv6 support is not complete.
- The 'ipa help' command does not support localization.
We plan to address all the outstanding tickets before the final 2.0 release. For the complete list see the following link.