V3/Filtering groups by type
There is no method how to filter groups by type. Group type is basically a variation of object classes. Prerequisite for #3333.
- Web UI ticket #3333 needs this functionality in order to offer a combobox with only posix groups for setting Default Fallback Group in Trust config.
- CLI user can use it for getting only POSIX groups, external groups and non-POSIX groups.
There are three types of public groups: non-POSIX, POSIX and external. Private groups are considered a special case and are not part of this design.
- POSIX group is a group with object class posixGroup
- external group is a group with object class ipaExternalGroup
- non-POSIX group is a group which is not posix nor external: it doesn't have posixGroup nor ipaExternalGroup object class.
New flags were added to group find command:
When a flag is set, filtering is done according to mapping described above.
No additional requirements or changes were discovered during the implementation phase.
A prerequisite for other feature. No other direct impact.
Variations with following additional option variations of group-find command can be now executed:
group-find --external group-find --posix group-find --nonposix
Major configuration options and enablement
Updates and Upgrades