The goal of the documentation provided here is:
- To explain what FreeIPA is, the issues it addresses, and how it fits into an organization's IT infrastructure.
- To help an administrator to quickly install, set up, and administer one or more servers for centralized authentication and identity management.
- To help users perform everyday tasks related to freeIPA.
- To help identify common problems and how to solve them.
Installation and Deployment Guide
- Covers installing the IPA server, validating the installation, and setting up replication.
Client Configuration Guide
- Covers installing the required software, configuring various aspects of client systems to connect to IPA servers, and ensuring communications between clients and servers.
- Covers managing user accounts, access control, policies, and other tasks performed by the IPA Administrator.
- Covers connecting to the IPA server, basic account management (self service), and using the IPA web and command line interfaces.
- Provides detailed information about IPA servers and clients, their supporting technologies, and the tools and services required to use and manage them. It also includes conceptual information about the technologies that comprise IPA, and how they work together.
- A tool to do online updates of IPA configuration over LDAP