The FreeIPA team would like to announce FreeIPA 4.9.0 release candidate 3!
It can be downloaded from http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads. Builds for Fedora Rawhide will be available from the official repository soon.
Highlights in 4.9.0
No major changes since release candidate 2, only fixes to regressions found in Rawhide and RHEL 8.4 development builds.
FreeIPA 4.9.0 release candidate 3 is a stabilization release for the features delivered as a part of 4.9 version series.
There are 6 bug-fixes since FreeIPA 4.9.0 release candidate 2 release. Details of the bug-fixes can be seen in the list of resolved tickets below.
Upgrade instructions are available on Upgrade page.
Please provide comments, bugs and other feedback via the freeipa-users mailing list (https://firstname.lastname@example.org/) or #freeipa channel on Freenode.
- #8595 Allow ipa-ca as a name for an IPA server
- #8596 (rhbz#1895197) improve IPA PKI susbsystem detection by other means than a directory presence, use pki-server subsystem-find
- #8613 mod_auth_gssapi cannot create unique ccache as it runs under apache and not ipaapi
- #8615 ipa-rewrite.conf upgrade is failing due to missing variable definition
- #8616 xmlrpc tests test_user_plugin failure
- #8617 systemd: enforce en_US.UTF-8 locale in systemd units
Detailed changelog since 4.9.0rc2
Alexander Bokovoy (6)
- Become FreeIPA 4.9.0rc3 commit
- systemd: enforce en_US.UTF-8 locale in systemd units commit #8617
- upgrade: provide DOMAIN to the server upgrade dictionary commit #8595, #8615
- Allow mod_auth_gssapi to create and access ccaches in /run/ipa/ccaches commit #8613
- Correct SELinux policy requirements commit
- Back to git snapshots commit