October 19, 2011
The FreeIPA project team is pleased to announce the availability of the freeIPA 2.1.3 server.
It is available in Fedora 15, 16 and rawhide.
What happened to 2.1.2!?
Right after tagging 2.1.2 we found an upgrade issue that would have affected any users using the selfsign CA (installed with --selfsign). We decided to hold back the release, fix a few more bugs, and just push out 2.1.3 instead about a week later. So here we are.
Highlights in 2.1.3
- Enforce that system hostname matches hostname of IPA server.
- Require that /etc/hosts is sane even when configuring DNS.
- Increase default server-side LDAP search limits.
- Client enrollment improvements including longer wait for sssd to start, recovery if discovered IPA server is not responsive and when anonymous bind is disabled in 389-ds.
Highlights in 2.1.2
- Upgrade older dogtag installs to use new PKI proxy configuration
- hbactest improvements
- Added platform-independent code to make ipa-client-install more portable
- Make client uninstaller more robust, should restore state more completely.
- UI usability improvements
- Tool for Enabling/Disabling Managed Entry Plugins
- Managed Entries configuration is now replicated
- IPv6 client enrollment improvements
- Man page improvements
- Performance improvements when calculating indirect membership
- Improved handling of disabled anonymous binds in 389-ds
- user is now prompted to enter current password when changing to a new
- ipa server now support multiple namingContexts. ipa-client-install and
password migration were fixed
To upgrade a 2.0.0, 2.0.1 or 2.1.0 server do the following:
# yum update freeipa-server --enablerepo=updates-testing
This will pull in updated freeIPA, 389-ds, dogtag, libcurl and xmlrpc-c packages (and perhaps some others). A script will be executed in the rpm postinstall phase to update the IPA LDAP server with any required changes.
There is a bug reported against 389-ds, https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=730387, related to read-write locks. The NSPR RW lock implementation does not safely allow re-entrant use of reader locks. This is a timing issue so it is difficult to predict. During testing one user experienced this and the upgrade hung. To break the hang kill the ns-slapd process for your realm, wait for the yum transaction to complete, then restart 389-ds and manually run the update process:
# service dirsrv start # ipa-ldap-updater --update
The ipa-client-install tool in the ipa-client package is just a configuration tool. There should be no need to re-run this on every client already enrolled.
Detailed Changelog for 2.1.3
Adam Young (1):
- Fix dynamic display of UI tabs based on rights
Alexander Bokovoy (8):
- Increase number of 'getent passwd attempts' to 10
- Force kerberos realm to be a string
- Include indirect membership and canonicalize hosts during HBAC rules testing
- Refactor backup_and_replace_hostname() into a flexible config modification tool
- Write KRB5REALM to /etc/sysconfig/krb5kdc and make use of common backup_config_and_replace_variables() tool
- Refactor authconfig use in ipa-client-install
- Document --preserve-sssd option of ipa-client-install
- Use set class instead of dictview class as set is wider supported
Jan Cholasta (3):
- Disallow deletion of global password policy.
- Don't leak passwords through kdb5_ldap_util command line arguments.
- Remove more redundant configuration values from krb5.conf.
John Dennis (1):
- Fix Spanish po translation file
Martin Kosek (12):
- Improve default user/group object class validation
- Fix i18n in config plugin
- Fix dnszone-add name_from_ip server validation
- Improve handling of GIDs when migrating groups
- ipa-client-install hangs if the discovered server is unresponsive
- Optimize member/memberof searches in LDAP
- Make IPv4 address parsing more strict
- Check hostname resolution sanity
- Hostname used by IPA must be a system hostname
- Check /etc/hosts file in ipa-server-install
- Fix ipa-client-install -U option alignment
- Improve hostgroup/netgroup collision checks
Petr Vobornik (2):
- Added missing fields to password policy page
- Fixed: Unable to add external user for RunAs User for Sudo rules
Rob Crittenden (12):
- Fix DNS permissions and membership in privileges
- Fix upgrades of selfsign server
- Make ipa-join work against an LDAP server that disallows anon binds
- Fix has_upg() to work with relocated managed entries configuration.
- Work around limits not being updatable in 389-ds.
- Save the value of hostname even if it doesn't appear in /etc/sysconfig/network
- Add explicit instructions to ipa-replica-manage for winsync replication
- Set min nvr of 389-ds-base to 1.2.10-0.4.a4 for limits fixes (740942, 742324)
- Handle an empty value in a name/value pair in config_replace_variables()
- Update all LDAP configuration files that we can.
- If our domain is already configured in sssd.conf start with a new config.
- Fix typo in invalid PTR record error message
Simo Sorce (1):
- updates: Change default limits on ldap searches
Detailed Changelog for 2.1.2
Adam Young (4):
- split metadata call
- Make mod_nss renegotiation configuration a public function
- Execute pki proxy setup when server is upgraded if needed
- Force the upgrade of pki-setup when upgrading the RPMS
Alexander Bokovoy (13):
- Incorrect name in examples of ipa help hbactest
- Unroll groups when testing HBAC rules
- Introduce platform-specific adaptation for services used by FreeIPA.
- Convert server install code to platform-independent access to system services
- Convert client-side tools to platform-independent access to system services
- Convert installation tools to platform-independent access to system services
- Cleanup whitespace
- When external host is specified in HBAC rule, allow its use in simulation
- Unroll StrEnum values when displaying help
- Configure pam_krb5 on the client only if sssd is not configured
- Setup and restore ntp configuration on the client side properly
- Fix 'referenced before assignment' warning
- Before kinit, try to sync time with the NTP servers of the domain we are joining
Endi S. Dewata (24):
- Fixed unit test for entity select widget.
- Fixed layout problem in permission adder dialog.
- Fixed sudo rule association dialogs.
- Fixed missing optional field.
- Fixed labels for run-as users and groups.
- Fixed problem opening host adder dialog.
- Removed entitlement menu.
- Fixed posix group checkbox.
- Fixed columns in HBAC/sudo rules list pages.
- Fixed missing cancel button in unprovisioning dialog.
- Fixed problem enabling/disabling DNS zone.
- Fixed problem enrolling member with the same name.
- Modified dialog to use sections.
- Removed undo flags from dialog field specs.
- Fixed problem on combobox with search limit.
- Fixed problem displaying special characters.
- Fixed add/delete arrows position.
- Fixed duplicate entries in enrollment dialog.
- Updated color scheme.
- Fixed tab and dialog widths.
- Disable enroll button if nothing selected.
- Fixed missing default shell field.
- I18n clean-up.
- Disable sudo options Delete button if nothing selected.
JR Aquino (1):
- Create Tool for Enabling/Disabling Managed Entry Plugins
Jakub Hrozek (1):
- Silence a compilation warning in ipa_kpasswd
Jan Cholasta (6):
- Check that install hostname matches the server hostname.
- Fix client install on IPv6 machines.
- Fix ipa-replica-prepare always warning the user about not using the system hostname.
- Validate name_from_ip parameter of dnszone.
- Add a function for formatting network locations of the form host:port for use in URLs.
- Work around pkisilent bugs.
Jr Aquino (1):
- Move Managed Entries into their own container in the replicated space.
Marko Myllynen (1):
- Don't remove /tmp when removing temp cert dir
Martin Kosek (21):
- Improve man pages structure
- Improve ipa-join man page
- Fix permissions in installers
- Fix configure.jar permissions
- Set bind and bind-dyndb-ldap min nvr
- Fix pylint false positive in hbactest module
- ipactl does not stop dirsrv
- dirsrv is not stopped correctly in the fallback
- Remove checks for ds-replication plugin
- Fix /usr/bin/ipa dupled server list
- Revert "Always require SSL in the Kerberos authorization block."
- Fix error messages in hbacrule
- Fix LDAPCreate search failure
- Fix HBAC tests hostnames
- ipa-client assumes a single namingcontext
- migrate process cannot handle multivalued pkey attribute
- Be more clear about selfsign option
- Install tools crash when password prompt is interrupted
- Improve ipa-replica-prepare DNS check
- Prevent collisions of hostgroup and netgroup
- Make sure ipa-client-install returns correct error code
Nalin Dahyabhai (2):
- list users from nested groups, too
- Update man pages to note that PKCS#12 files also contain private keys, and that the "pkinit" options refer to the KDC's credentials
Petr Vobornik (10):
- Fixed inconsistency in enabling delete buttons
- Code cleanup: widget creation
- Fixed: Column header for attributes table should be full width
- Fixed: Enrolment dialog offers to add entity to reflexive association.
- Fixed: Some widgets do not have space for validation error message
- Disables gid field if not posix group in group adder dialog
- Fixed links to images in config and migration pages
- Split Web UI initialization to several smaller calls #2
- Split Web UI initialization to several smaller calls
Rob Crittenden (20):
- Don't allow a OTP to be set on an enrolled host
- Remove normalizer that made role, privilege and permission names lower-case
- Improved handling for ipa-pki-proxy.conf
- The precendence on the modrdn plugin was set in the wrong location.
- Update ipa-ldap-updater man page saying it is not an end-user utility
- Skip the cert validator if the csr we are passed in is a valid filename
- Change the Requires for the server and server-selinux for proper order
- Suppress managed netgroups as indirect members of hosts.
- The return value of restorecon is not reliable, ignore it.
- Normalize uid in user principal to lower-case and do validation
- Shut down duplicated file handle when HTTP response code is not 200.
- Don't log one-time password in logs when configuring client.
- Always require SSL in the Kerberos authorization block.
- Include failed service and service groups in hbac rule management
- Add regular expression pattern to host names.
- Detect CA installation type in ipa-replica-prepare and ipa-ca-install.
- Require current password when using passwd to change your own password.
- Migration: don't assume there is only one naming context, add logging.
- When calculating indirect membership don't test nesting on users and hosts.
Simo Sorce (4):
- ipa-pwd-extop: Fix segfault in password change.
- ipa-pwd-extop: Enforce old password checks
- ipa-client-install: Fix joining when LDAP access is restricted
- replica-prepare: anonymous binds may be disallowed
Sumit Bose (2):
- Call standard_logging_setup() before any logging is done
- ipa-pwd-extop: allow password change on all connections with SSF>1
Yuri Chornoivan (1):
- Fix typos