This guide serves as a main user documentation for using the FreeIPA Identity Management project. Currently, the guide is hosted on Fedora Documentation site:
Learn about FreeIPA by reading information about the particular components that compose the entire solution.
- HOW TOs: working with FreeIPA, interoperability with other systems, 3rd party Applications Integration
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Troubleshooting Guide: how to debug the most common problems, how to report bugs
Old version 1 resources
This section contains designs that have actually been implemented in FreeIPA:
This section contains new or historical proposal that have not yet been approved/implemented or that have been superseded or abandoned.
- Extending FreeIPA Guide
- How to add a new attribute to IPA
- v2 PRD: draft requirements for FreeIPA v2
- FreeIPA v2 Development Progress: Portal to v2 design pages and current code repositories.
FreeIPA Training Series
FreeIPA 3.0 & SSSD 1.9.2
FreeIPA server presentations
- FreeIPA Trust Basics (ODP)
- FreeIPA Server/Client Core Changes (ODP)
- SSH Public Keys Feature (ODP)
- SELinux User Maps Feature (ODP)
- DNS Persistent Search Feature (ODP)
- DNS Zone Transfers (ODP)
SSSD client presentations
- SSSD AD Provider Feature (ODP)
- SSSD AutoFS Integration (ODP)
- SSSD OpenSSH Integration (ODP)
- SSSD Pre-Seeding Users for First Boot (ODP)
- SSSD SUDO Integration Feature (ODP)
Here you can find presentations or other materials which FreeIPA team presented on various public conferences.
- FOSDEM 2009: FreeIPA presentation - PDF, OO.org 3.0.1
- Red Hat Summit 2011: FreeIPA presentation
- LinuxAlt 2012: Introducing FreeIPA
- LinuxCon 2012: FreeIPA hands-on workshop session
- Devconf 2013: Integrating Linux systems into Active Directory Environment (talk on youtube)
- FOSDEM 2013 Idm Presentation slides in PDF format
- DjangoCon Europe 2013 - Django + Kerberos authentication with slides and video available.