These are links to FreeIPA documentation Manuals hosted mostly by the Fedora Project.
- RHEL 6 Identity Management Guide (based on FreeIPA 3.0)
Additional Resources (FAQ, tips, how tos)
- FreeIPA Training Series
- Useful Tips and Guides
- HOW TOs (Working with FreeIPA, Interoperability with other systems, 3rd party Applications Integration)
- FreeIPA Frequently Asked Questions
- Troubleshooting guide
Old version 1 resources
This section contains designs that have actually been implemented in FreeIPA
This section contains new or historical proposal that have not yet been approved/implemented or that have been superseded or abandoned.
Extensions & APIS
Additional Version 3 Resources
Version 2 Resources
- v2 PRD: draft requirements for FreeIPA v2
- FreeIPA v2 Development Progress: Portal to v2 design pages and current code repositories.
Version 1 Resources (Historical)
- v1 PRD: requirements for FreeIPA v1
- Architecture: overview of v1 architecture.
- Access Control: Discussion on access control in v1.
- Schema: Schema and DIT Layout used in FreeIPA v1
- Available Schema in FreeIPA v1.x
FreeIPA Training Series
FreeIPA 3.0 & SSSD 1.9.2
FreeIPA server presentations
- FreeIPA Trust Basics (ODP)
- FreeIPA Server/Client Core Changes (ODP)
- SSH Public Keys Feature (ODP)
- SELinux User Maps Feature (ODP)
- DNS Persistent Search Feature (ODP)
- DNS Zone Transfers (ODP)
SSSD client presentations
- SSSD AD Provider Feature (ODP)
- SSSD AutoFS Integration (ODP)
- SSSD OpenSSH Integration (ODP)
- SSSD Pre-Seeding Users for First Boot (ODP)
- SSSD SUDO Integration Feature (ODP)
Here you can find presentations or other materials which FreeIPA team presented on various public conferences.
- FOSDEM 2009: FreeIPA presentation - PDF, OO.org 3.0.1
- Red Hat Summit 2011: FreeIPA presentation
- LinuxAlt 2012: Introducing FreeIPA
- LinuxCon 2012: FreeIPA hands-on workshop session
- FOSDEM 2013 Idm Presentation slides in PDF format
- DjangoCon Europe 2013 - Django + Kerberos authentication with slides available and video to come soon.