SCOPE: PAGE MIGHT BE OUTDATED. FUNCTIONALITY WAS NOT CHECKED AGAINST IPAv2 SERVER.
Back to Client Configuration Guide
Configuring Windows as an IPA Client
This document describes the procedures required to configure both Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000 Pro as IPA clients.
Configuring Client Authentication
1. Download the MIT Kerberos 3.x package for Windows to a known location, and then run the kfw-3.x-exe you downloaded to start the MIT Kerberos Installation Wizard.
2. Read the license agreement and then click I Agree to accept the agreement.
3. Ensure you choose to install KfW Client; the other components are optional.
4. Accept the default destination path.
5. Select Download from web path, and enter the following URL:
http://<your IPA server's fully-qualified domain name>/ipa/config/
6. Select Autostart the Network Identity Manager each time you login to Windows.
7. Click Install to begin the installation. When the installation is complete, click Finish to exit the Wizard.
8. Edit the hosts file and add the IPA server. For example:
<numerical IP address> ipaserver.example.com ipaserver
Depending on the version of Windows, the HOSTS file could be located in different directories. For example:
- Windows 2000 Pro: C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\
- Windows XP Pro: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\